Through this Code of Conduct, a set of principles and values – moral and ethical – are included in the management of the companies, especially regarding human rights, working conditions and environmental and health issues; not disregarding the relationship between its employees and third parties.
- FORCED WORK
It is not allowed to use any type of forced or involuntary work, as well as to demand from its workers any type of deposit or to retain personal identification documents.
- CHILD LABOR
Child labor is not allowed. The minimum age of admission is 16 years with the minimum schooling gradation (except for exceptions provided by law).
Ensure that all workers are treated with dignity and respect. No discriminatory behavior regarding employment practices, remuneration, access to training and employment based on race, nationality, religion, disability, sex, age, sexual orientation, association or political affiliation, or any other situation, shall be permitted.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY AT WORK
Guarantee its workers a safe and healthy work environment, complying with the legal and regulatory principles applicable in this matter. They should promote good health and safety practices to prevent accidents and health risks to workers. Workers should have access to hygienic toilets and drinking water.
- FREEDOM OF ASSOCIATION
Respect the right of workers to associate, organize or bargain collectively, without suffering any kind of sanction.
- DISCIPLINARY MEASURES, HARASSMENT AND ABUSES
Under no circumstances should corporal punishment, sexual / racial harassment, physical and psychological abuse, and / or any other harassment / intimidation be allowed.
- HOURS OF WORK
Comply with applicable legislation and the rules of the textile sector regarding working hours.
The national minimum wage must be guaranteed to all workers, as well as the payment of supplementary work under the terms legally defined. It is not allowed to make salary deductions other than those legally allowed. Wages must be paid monthly until the last day of the month, or, exceptionally, until the 3rd day of the following month.
- a) In the performance of their duties, employees of the Polopique Group shall act in accordance with the legal principles, good faith, responsibility, transparency, loyalty, professionalism and confidentiality.
- b) The employees of the Polopique Group must take a proactive attitude in the search for excellence, search and sharing of knowledge and information, cultivating team spirit, based on relationships of trust, respect for the hierarchical structure existing in the companies that make up the group, guiding its action for integrity and dignity in the relationship between them.
The manufacturers that work directly with the Polopique Group can only produce in factories expressly authorized by Polopique.
All manufacturing activity shall be carried out with respect for the environment, in accordance with applicable legal and regulatory standards and taking the necessary measures to reduce and compensate its impact.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY OF PRODUCTS
Ensure safety measure in the selection of the chemicals used in manufacturing of the products, complying with REACH, MRSL \ RSL requirements, adopting ZDHC (Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals) program, as well as all requirements agreed with customers.
- COMPLIANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAWS
Ensuring compliance with the applicable legislation in all matters not covered in the previous points is mandatory.